Genuine Hippopotamus on the foot and detailed 10 row stitching on the upper. An exotic with a distinct texture and matte honey finish fit for any occasion.
Hippo is an exclusive hide that will show unique grain to each pair along with scarring that was naturally earned in the wild. Extremely limited availability
- Color: Honey
- Foot: Genuine African Hippo
- Heel: 1 1/2"
- Toe: Wide Square
- Shaft: Cowhide 13"
- Hand lasted, "firm handshake" fit conforms to your foot over time for an unmatched comfort level
- Genuine exotic skin and leather construction
- Lemonwood hand-driven pegs
- Top quality leather channel welt insole
- Stacked leather heel and counter
- Soft cream cow leather lining with tucked seams
- Goodyear resole-able welt
- Oil impregnated butyl leather outsole
- Tech-Temp removable orthotic footbed
Removable orthotic footbed features moisture and temperature management for all day comfort
- Anti-friction fiber minimizes heat build-up and cools rapidly
- Impact absorbing athletic foam cushioning
- Anti-microbial reduces odor
- Ultra fast drying
The shape of your boot comes from stretching leather around a form called a "Last".
Unlike traditional lasts that are flat and straight, Capitan enhanced lasts are designed around the shape and curve of your foot.
The lasting process is then completed by our most-skilled artisans. These master craftsmen select and stretch the hide by hand allowing them to feel what each unique piece of leather needs to form the desired look and fit of your boot.
This proces delivers what we refer to as our firm handshake fit.
It's not easier or cheaper to do it this way, but your boots will conform to your foot for incredible comfort and last for years to come.
Free shipping, Free returns, Free exchanges for all orders in the USA.
Order 100% risk-free. Try them on in home and find the perfect pair with easy, hassle-free returns and exchanges.
This item is not eligible for shipment to California or outside the contiguous USA
Very good quality , a Great Boot
Like Jeff I found my boots fitting bigger, almost half to one size too big. Luckily I like wearing insoles so after inserting them they fit perfectly now. If you’re looking for true to size you may need to exchange them. Otherwise they appear to be quality boots and well constructed. There is also a heft to these.
Absolutely love this boot. Unlike other reviewers, I felt like the hippo fit a bit larger than anticipated, but given how soft the hide is, that is to be expected. I’ve already given my Rios away and made this my daily boot. Most comfortable boot I own and couldn’t be more pleased with this purchase.
Love the boots just a kitty tight trying to stretch them now